When I first started this challenge I did say I would update weekly but a combination of holiday, poor internet connection and a broken set of weighing scales has slowed my challenge (and updates) down somewhat.
The first week was brilliant. I had completely cut Pepsi out as well as chocolate and cakes. That being said the first week saw me very fatigued as well. Whether this was an upping in my training or the change to nutrition, or even a combination of both, I’ve yet to work it out.
At the end of that first week I weighed 11 stone 12 pounds. That’s a loss of 2 pounds overall since my first weigh in at the start of the challenge.
The second week was a disaster nutrition wise. Day trips up and down the country saw many visits to service stations for meals. I tried to eat as healthy as possible but sometimes that wasn’t an option available and there was a KFC purchase at one point. Although I did try to make that as healthy as possible.
The weighing scales were also broken and I had to wait until the end of the week to weigh myself. With all the rush meals during the week and a wedding at the end I expected a weight gain. So I was as surprised as anyone when I weighed myself to find a loss of 2 pounds. I now weigh 11 stone 10 pound.
Overall since the challenge started I’ve lost 4 pounds and I’m bang on target for my goal of 11 stone 7 pounds.
The triathlons are also behind me now as I’ve completed both the Carlisle Tri Club Tri and London Tri within a week of each other at the start of August. More on them in another post. But that officially puts to bed my debut triathlon season and the road to Dublin Marathon continues with my focus solely on running now.