As I’ve been training for triathlons recently I’ve been doing a lot of swimming training.
Now that the triathlons are on the backburner for now I’ll still be incorporating swimming into my training plan but I’ll be using it specifically for cross-training.
The session I’ve been following this week is a speed session:
- 200-metre (m) swim
- 100m your choice of drills
- 400m pull with or without paddles
- 4 x 100m with a full minute of rest between rounds:
- #1 – Swim 75m at your current steady pace, then 25m FAST!
- #2 – Swim 50m at your current steady pace, then 50m FAST!
- #3 – Swim 25m at your current steady pace, then 75m FAST!
- #4 – Swim 100m FAST!
- Finish up with 300m pull, with or without paddles, and 100m very easy